LEI 2022- Using Thought Work as a Tool for Leadership Education and Self-Awareness
Click Here for exercises using the concepts covered in the session.
Search Inside Yourself by Chade-Meng Tan
Buddha’s Brain by Rick Hanson
Man’s Search for Meaning by Viktor Frankl
Self Compassion by Kristin Neff
Emotionally Intelligent Leadership by Marcy Shankman, Scott Allen, and Paige Haber-Curran
Programs, Websites, and Other Resources
LeaderShape’s Resilience Program
Self Coaching Model Guide by The Life Coach School
Insight Timer App
Katrina Ubell MD Podcasts (Episode 2, Episode 115, Episode 273)
Dr. Kristin Neff's Self Compassion Website
Reflection Prompts/Discussion Questions
- What can I uncover about my underlying thoughts by using the Thought Model? (see the Self Coaching Model Guide above)
- Where in my life am I being reactive? What underlying thought might be causing this?
- What is the interpretation I am making about a circumstance? What other interpretations could there be?
- What “truths” have I created in my mind that I need to unpack?
- What do I mean by ________ ? (e.g., good, bad, productive, strong)
- How can I engage in more curiosity and inquiry- as opposed to judgement? (especially about myself)
- When something doesn’t go as planned, what can I learn about myself through examining my thoughts?
- Where in my life can I try implementing a purposeful pause?
- Where will I start with this work?